Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

caveat emptor


i'm afraid my praise for the vibram five fingers was a little premature (see post here). after wearing them just four times, i noticed a pretty significant pain in my left foot which was later followed by swelling and more pain.  after a trip to the sports medicine doctor and an uncomfortable 30 minutes in an mri, it was confirmed: i had a stress fracture in my second metatarsal. i have not one doubt in my mind that the vibrams are to blame.  look at all of these people that have suffered from the same thing: stress fractures from vibrams.  for the time being, you'll be seeing me in a lot of spin classes and perhaps a few pools. if you are considering purchasing these aqua socks also known as shoes, i have two words for you: caveat emptor (which is latin for 'buyer beware').

1 comment: